Step 1: Initiate your online booking.
1. Log into www.nesterly.io, visit your ‘Messages,’ and navigate to your chat with the Guest you’d like to move forward with.
2. Click the blue ‘Initiate booking’ button on the top right of your chat.
Step 2: Confirm the details of your homeshare.
1. From here, you will be taken to a booking reservation page. Finalize the dates, monthly rent amount, and any task exchange reduction. After updating the terms, click the blue ‘Confirm details’ button.
TIP: You can always revisit your booking reservation page by navigating to your chat with the Guest you’d like to move forward with and clicking the blue button on the top right.
2. If this is your first Nesterly homeshare, you will be prompted to initiate your background check (for U.S. citizens) or identity verification (for international applicants). Click ‘Start Verification’ to begin the process.
3. Your Guest will then review the terms of the homeshare and initiate their background check or identity verification. We will notify you when they are verified.
Step 3: Finalize your homeshare online.
1. Once you and your Guest’s verifications are complete, you will be prompted via email to log back into www.nesterly.io to finalize your booking.
2. Log in and click the blue ‘Confirm booking’ button on your Dashboard to visit your booking reservation page.
3. Click the blue ‘Confirm booking’ button to prompt your Guest to pay their first month’s rent to finalize the booking.
4. When your Guest pays their first month’s rent through Nesterly, we’ll email you a booking receipt. We will initiate transfer of your rent to you the day after move-in.
Step 4: Customize and share your Homesharing Agreement with your Guest.
1. The Homesharing Agreement will help you define exactly how you would like to share your home. Customize your Homesharing Agreement by clicking on the blue button, “Complete and Sign agreement” in Step 4.
2. Clicking this button will take you to a fillable document on another page. Fill out the required information, highlighted in red, and add any clarification notes in the grey sections.
Tip: Click the green “Next” button to take you through all of the sections of the agreement.
3. Sign the document and click the green button “Finalize Document” to send it to your Guest for their review and signature.
4. Your Guest will then be prompted to review the document, add their emergency contact information and signature. Once the Guest has completed those tasks, you will be notified and can access the downloadable agreement by scrolling down to “Your Bookings” on your Nesterly Dashboard
Step 5: Get ready for move-in!
Finalize move-in logistics with your Guest and leave the rest to us. Moving forward, we’ll handle monthly payments so you’re paid in a timely and secure manner at the beginning of each month. We will also check-in periodically and provide support as-needed throughout the homeshare.
Step 6 (Optional): Spread the word!Want to build a more interconnected and affordable world? Tell your friends and neighbors about Nesterly!
1. Visit Refer a Friend to share information about Nesterly via social media or email and visit our Partners page to download and print materials to share with your community. 2. Write us a Google Review by clicking here. 3. Follow us on social media to stay up to date.
Instagram: www.instagram.com/nesterly/ Twitter: www.twitter.com/nesterly Facebook: www.facebook.com/nesterlyhome/
Community Conversation 3: Hearing from a Host
In our final community conversation, Hear From a Host: What is it like Homesharing during Covid?, we gave our community the opportunity to hear from one of our HostsRead Article
Community Conversation 2: The Financial, Social and Practical Benefits of Homesharing
Our second conversation focussed on the financial, social and practical benefits of homesharing. Survey after survey shows that Americans want to remain in their own homes as they get older.Read Article
Community Conversation 1: How Nesterly is Keeping our Community Safe
Over the course of a few weeks, we held three Community Conversations where we answered questions, invited our Hosts to share their experiences and discussed our response to the Covid-19 pandemic.Read Article